Welcome to Press!
This year, students taking part in the Press committee will be reporting from one of two news outlets: Die Zeit (Germany) and Yomiuri Shinbun (Japan).
Students in the Press committee will be assigned to a committee and produce four articles over the course of the conference, reporting from the perspective of their given news outlet. Articles will be published in HSMUN’s newspaper, the Daily Delegate.
Once registration is complete, those schools with students participating in Press will be assigned their news outlets and committees. Students will then be expected to produce a short position paper (1-2 pages + sources) outlining their outlet’s history and views, and how this relates to their given committee.
More information about this year’s news outlets can be found here. Students are expected to conduct their own research as well.:
- Zeit Online (English): https://www.zeit.de/english/index
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Die Zeit: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Die-Zeit
- Wikipedia: Die Zeit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Die_Zeit
- Yomiuri Shinbun (English): https://the-japan-news.com/
- Corporate Information: https://info.yomiuri.co.jp/english/index.html
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Yomiuri Shinbun: https://www.britannica.com/topic/Yomiuri-shimbun
- Wikipedia: Yomiuri Shinbun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yomiuri_Shimbun