REGISTRATION FOR HSMUN 2021 IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR REGISTRATION REGARDING HSMUN 2022!
You will find the necessary forms and information regarding registration here.
The fee exemption form can be found under resources.
HSMUN 2021 Step-by-Step Detailed Registration Guide
1) Fill out form 1 labelled “Teacher and School Information + Terms and Conditions” form on our website found under the registration tab.
2) Fill out form 2 labelled “Delegate Team Information” form under the registration tab on our website (this is the step where you indicate country preference).
3) You will receive an invoice from us detailing the cost.
4) Send registration fees to HSMUN in the form of one signed cheque with the correct amount of fees indicated (addressed to: University of Alberta High School Model United Nations). Students wishing to apply for fee waivers can reach out to their teacher representative, and that teacher will then fill out the “Fee Exemption” form found under the registration tab.
5) Once we receive your school’s payment, we will send you a final paid invoice as well as your school’s country assignments.
6) After you receive the country team assignments, you will receive a form where you fill out the names of the students participating and the committees they will be sitting on, as well as an email address for each student that will be used for participant verification. A mandatory informed consent/waiver will also be attached for each student and or their guardian to sign.
Oftentimes, you will have to register teams/students from your school at different times. Please note that some forms will then need to be filled out again.
In the event that more spots become available, these will be reallocated by the HSMUN Secretariat based on need.
Any spots not claimed by February 28th will be redistributed. All delegates must be registered by March 15th.
Thank you for supporting HSMUN 2021, and please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for any questions or concerns regarding the conference.
- All countries labeled as important (red) will be required to submit a country specific position paper to their committee email addresses before the date of the conference
- Although not required, it is highly recommended that countries labeled as orange and yellow also complete their country specific position papers to help prepare them for the conference.
- Awards will be given to students who demonstrate excellence in writing their position paper for each committee
- For more information about position papers please click HERE